Motivation is the only thing that differentiates you from others. I’ve been through a very tight schedule while preparing for GATE since I only had 2 months for full time preparation. 2 months = 60 days and 12-13 subjects to be done, some to be revised, some to be done for the first time. Motivation and the ‘never-quit’ attitude kept me working.
- I became lazy at times. So, I wrote a quote on the front page of my notebook that I used daily. This kept me going.
It says: You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.Source: Internet
- Pray for a minute every day before you start studying. Close your eyes and ask God for the strength.
- Write your syllabus neatly on an A4 size sheet or get a print out of it and write the days you are going to give to each subject. Mark your progress. This helps you in setting your targets, schedules and achieving them.
You can do something like this:
- Tell your wish or dream to your family. Ask them to motivate you daily. Ask them to remind you if you get distracted. Family and friends are the biggest motivators.
- Remind yourself that a huge number of creatures in this population are aiming for the same. You CAN NOT stop.
- Never think of the results. Do your efforts. Aim high but don’t think about – what will happen, how will this happen and such things.
- karmany evadhikaras te ma phalesu kadachana. — Bhagavad Gita. It means that you should perform your duty with dedication and sincerity forgetting about the outcome.
- Lastly, Have faith in yourself.
Good luck ! 🙂